Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has neither been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration.
- The manuscript is composed of TWO separate files (1) a single Microsoft Word file without author identifiers containing abstract, all text, figures, tables and references and title of article on top of first page, and (2) title page with author identifiers of the manuscript as a separate file (as per title page specimen below). The tables and figures are placed at appropriate places WITHIN the text instead of putting at the end. The text is double-spaced, single column with one inch margin on all sides. The font style should be Times New Roman with 12-point font size. All pages should be numbered (numerical) at the bottom right corner.
- The manuscript is according to the format given in Author Guidelines. References should be listed consecutively as NUMERICAL IN PARENTHESES. The final bibliography should be in the order in which they are quoted in the text and must be written in Vancouver's style (download link for referencing guidelines given below).
- Title page has been prepared in accordance with the specimen (download link given below). Title page is uploaded as a SEPARATE file and is not be merged within the article text file.
- Undertaking certificate has been duly signed by all authors (download link given below), and Corresponding Author has been clearly mentioned. While making the submission all the authors (contributors) MUST be added into the system.
- Approval letter of Institutional Review Board (IRB) / Ethical Review Committee (ERC) has been attached.
- The word count of the manuscript is not more than 3,000 for original article, 3,500 for review article without meta-analysis, 6,000 for review article with meta-analysis, 1000 words for case reports/case series, 1,500 for short/special/rapid communications and 400 words for letters to editor excluding abstract and references. The word count of abstract is not more than 250. The number of tables and/or figures is not more than 5. The number of references is not more than 25 (Original Article) and 50-70 (Review Article). The complete guidelines are given below.
- FOUR files are ready to be uploaded in ‘upload the submission’ section: (1) Article text file, (2) Title page file, (3) Undertaking Certificate, and (4) IRB/ERC approval letter.
- Note: If any of the items in the checklist are found missing/not adhered to, the submission will be DECLINED automatically by the system.
Journal of Shifa Tameer-e-Millat University (JSTMU) is the owner of all copyright to any work published in the journal. Any material printed in JSTMU may not be reproduced without the permission of the editors or publisher. The Journal accepts only original material for publication with the understanding that except for abstracts, no part of the data has been published or will be submitted for publication elsewhere before appearing and/or decision in this journal. The Editorial Board makes every effort to ensure the accuracy and authenticity of material printed in the journal. However, conclusions and statements expressed are views of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of the Editorial Board or JSTMU.
Content of this journal is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.