Journal of Shifa Tameer-e-Millat University
The JSTMU accepts manuscripts prepared in accordance with the "Uniform Requirements for Manuscripts submitted to the Biomedical Journals", is available at website http://www.icmje.org/. All submissions are electronic to significantly reduce processing time and unnecessary delays. The journal adheres to international editorial standards and accepts submissions in the form of an original research (randomized controlled trial, meta-analysis, quasi-experimental study, case-control study, cohort study or cross-sectional analytical study), review article, case report, book review, recent advances, new techniques, debates, adverse drug reports, current practices, audit reports, evidence-based reports, short communication or a letter to the editor. Studies more than five years old at the time of submission are not entertained.
- General Instructions for Author(s) aspiring to publish in JSTMU [Download here]
- Referencing Guidelines (Vancouver) for JSTMU [Download here]
- Author(s) Undertaking Certificate [Download here]
- Specimen of title page [Download here]
- Step by step online submission guide [Download here]
Note: Data sheet and result output files in Microsoft Excel/SPSS/Graphpad Prism (as the case maybe) may or may not be required at any step of the review/publication process.
As part of the submission process, authors should require checking off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, as submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines;
- The submission has neither been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration.
- The manuscript is composed of TWO separate files (a) a single Microsoft Word file without author identifiers containing abstract, all text, figures, tables and references and title of article on top of first page, and (b) title page with author identifiers of the manuscript as a separate file (as per title page specimen in 'general guidelines' above). The tables and figures are placed at appropriate places WITHIN the text instead of putting at the end. The text is double-spaced, single column with one inch margin on all sides. The font style should be Times New Roman with 12-point font size. All pages should be numbered (numerical) at the bottom right corner.
- The manuscript is according to the format given in Author Guidelines. References should be listed consecutively as NUMERICAL IN PARENTHESES. The final bibliography should be in the order in which they are quoted in the text and must be written in Vancouver's style (download link for referencing guidelines in provided in 'general guidelines' above).
- Title page has been prepared in accordance with the specimen (download link provided in 'general guidelines' above). Title page is uploaded as a SEPARATE file and is not be merged within the article text file.
- Undertaking certificate has been duly signed by all authors (download link provided in 'general guidelines' above), and Corresponding Author has been clearly mentioned. While making the submission all the authors (contributors) MUST be added into the system.
- Approval letter of Institutional Review Board (IRB) / Ethical Review Committee (ERC) has been attached.
- The word count of the manuscript is not more than 3,000 for original article, 3,500 for review article without meta-analysis, 6,000 for review article with meta-analysis, 1000 words for case reports/case series, 1,500 for short/special/rapid communications and 400 words for letters to editor excluding abstract and references. The word count of abstract is not more than 250. The number of tables and/or figures is not more than 5. The number of references is not more than 25 (Original Article) and 50-70 (Review Article). The complete guidelines can be downloaded from link provided in 'general guidelines' above.
- FOUR files are ready to be uploaded in ‘upload the submission’ section: (1) Article text file, (2) Title page file, (3) Undertaking Certificate, and (4) IRB/ERC approval letter.
- Datasheet and result output files in Microsoft Excel/SPSS/Graphpad Prism (as the case maybe) may or may not be required at any stage of review/publication. You are advised to keep these sorted and ready, if and when required by the managing editor.
Note: If any of the items in the checklist are found missing/not adhered to, the submission will be DECLINED automatically by the system.
All submissions shall be processed through the Online Journal Management System (OJS).
Authors are requested to 'register' themselves by using the registration link at the top right corner of the website -or- by clicking [here]. All correspondance regarding your submission including but not limited to; (a) manuscript submission, (b) supplement data, (c) supporting documentation, (d) revisions, (e) editor comments/quries, (f) reviewer comments/quries, (g) acceptance/rejection, (h) copyediting, (i) proof reading, (j) gallery proofs, and (k) final publication are done through the Online Journal Management System (OJS). Once registered at the time of submission, you may subsequently 'login' to your dashbaord for all correspondance from the top right corner of the website -or- by clicking [here].
A step by step guide for online submission can be downloaded from the 'general guidelines' above -or- [here].
Submission of an article to JSTMU implies that the work has NOT been published or submitted elsewhere, therefore, the journal is strongly against unethical withdrawal of an article from the publication process after submission.
Once the article is submitted, the author grants the editorial board full publishing rights and it is the absolute right of the editorial board to decide on article withdrawals. For genuine withdrawal, the corresponding author should submit a request which must be signed by all co-authors explaining the reason of withdrawing the manuscript. The request will be processed by the editorial board and only serious genuine reasons will be considered if possible. The decision of the editorial board will be final and not negotiable.
Unethical withdrawal or no response from the authors to editorial board communication will be subjected to sanction a ban of 4 years to all authors, and their institute will also be notified.